17.4.14

Maybank Scholarship Stage 2

The day before, I was pulling my bag on the hallway to a journey back home for the semester break when a phonecall abruptly rang. The number appeared on my phone seemed to be an unknown number. However I picked it up consequently and the level of dopamine neuronal activity of my brain suddenly increased when the lady said I was chosen for stage 2 of Maybank Scholarship Award. My jawbone dropped. I did badly in stage 1 which was an verbal & numberical online assessment with economic & finance terms I don't even know eventhough I'm taking engineering. In fact I only managed to answer half of the total number of questions.

So today is stage 2 of the Maybank Scholarship Award. My session was at 2 o'clock. I felt so inferior as a school-leaver being in the middle of the corporate society, stepping into the 800 feet Menara Maybank and up to the 44th floor. As soon as I reached there, they requested my certificates and my resume and told me to take a sit first. Through my eyes I could see two other students  and I was glad both of them are applying for engineering too. They also faced the same thing in stage 1. We chilled there talking & watching TV until our names are called. I was first. As usual, I introduced myself an started enjoying it. I talked about my career; my robots, my solar flare satellite, my green consumer products design, my plushies business and many other unusual projects. They asked some questions regarding my obstacles in my projects, scholarships & maybank and that's it. I went out that human resource department because everything is done as the lady at the counter told me so but my instinct told my not to go down yet because I wouldn't even know what to do when I get down. So I chilled up there when the interview panels called me back. I was 100% sure I left something. I went back into that room and asked if I left anything. They said no. In addition, they told me I made it to stage 3.